To ensure product availability, orders for 2024 Proficiency Testing programs should be placed no later than December 4, 2023, by using the online “request a quote" application: https://iqmh.org/apps/ptquoterequest or send an email to [email protected]. After this date, due to the number of samples available, surveys are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Chemistry – Urinalysis (CHEM-UDIP)
- This survey is suitable for automated laboratory instruments and point-of-care testing devices.
- Samples contain relevant parameters set to clinically significant ranges of concentration including bilirubin, blood (RBCs), glucose, ketones, leucocyte esterase, nitrite, protein, and urobilinogen.
Immunology – Educational Survey (IMGY-E)
- An educational survey ideal for training and competency assessment of laboratory staff.
- Survey involves case studies and multiple-choice questions to assess knowledge and skills of antinuclear antibody/anticellular antibody (ANA/ACA) pattern interpretation from digital images.
- The traditional rotation of glass slides and one digital image now contains an additional FNA non-thyroid body sites image.
- to provide participants with new challenging cases.
Hematology – Automated Blood Cell Count and Leukocyte Differential (HEMA-LD - GROUP 12)
- New Group 12 added. The material is compatible with Sight OLO instrument.
Molecular Microbiology (MOLE-STI)
- The new MOLE-STI contains Chlamydia trachomatis (C. trachomatis), Neisseria gonorrhoeae (N. gonorrhoeae), and Trichomonas vaginalis (T. vaginalis).
- This new survey replaces MOLE-CGC, which is no longer available.
Virology – HIV (VIRO-HIV AND POCT-HIV)
- HIV survey samples now contain HIV 1 p24 Ag and HIV 1 or 2 antibody that can be detected by standard and rapid methods.
Download a copy of the 2024 Proficiency Testing Catalogue for complete survey details.
IQMH Proficiency Testing Programs are accredited by The American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity assessment — General requirements for proficiency testing (Certificate Number: 3059.01).
Important: Ontario Licensed Laboratories
Participation in the IQMH Centre for Proficiency Testing programs is mandated by the Ontario Ministry of Health (MOH). Ontario licensed laboratories will be automatically enrolled in the appropriate mandatory surveys according to their laboratory license.
The cost of the following surveys, and orders for multiple instruments and/or users from the same laboratory, are not funded by the Ontario MOH mandatory program. Ontario licensed laboratories, if they choose, may purchase these products at a cost annually. You may request a quote for these surveys, including, testing material for multiple instruments, through the Quote Tool:
- Automated Body Fluid Cell Count (HEMA-ABF)
- Automated Blood Cell Count and Leukocyte Differential (HEMA-LD - Group 11 and Group 12)
- Chemistry - Fecal Occult Blood (CHEM-FOB)
- Chemistry - Urine Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Qualitative (CHEM-UCG)
- Chemistry - Urinalysis Dipstick (CHEM-UDIP)
- Chemistry - Oximetry (CHEM-OX)
- Drug Monitoring – Ethanol and Tobramycin (DRUG)
- Fetal-Maternal Hemorrhage (HEMA-FMH)
- Hematology - Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test
- Infectious Mononucleosis (VIRO-IM)
- Leukocyte Immunophenotyping for Hematologic Disorders (FLOW-HD)
- Point-of-Care Testing - Coagulation - International Normalized Ratio (POCT-INR)