IQMH Fall Forum 2018: Point-of-Care Testing — Is it the best choice?
Friday, November 2, 2018
The Westin Harbour Castle
Harbour Ballroom (located on the Convention Level)
1 Harbour Square
Toronto , ON
Cost: $399 (+tax)
- Laboratory technologists involved in point-of-care testing (POCT), laboratory managers, administration
- Nurses and primary care providers involved in POCT programs
- IQMH accreditation assessors – gain confidence in assessing conformance to requirements
- Opportunity for manufacturer’s to showcase new equipment and present new technologies .
A comprehensive exploration of the issues surrounding POCT aimed at lab, nursing, directors, hospital administration and anyone involved in POCT. The goals for the day include:
- Showcasing new technologies and innovations.
- Highlighting the interpersonal relationships between nursing, physicians and POCT lab personnel.
- Understanding the current and evolving regulatory environment.
- Spotlighting the patient perspective and patient self-care.
- Presenting ways to overcome barriers with compliance and competency assessment.
- Exploring utilization and financial considerations.
- Considering the digital aspects such as the use of smart phone technology.
- What are the true needs of patients and primary care providers?
- How will point-of-care and personalized medicine shape health care for consumers?
Download the Agenda