To register and attend this course at the IQMH Office in Toronto, select a date below:
Quality Indicators with Purpose for Medical Laboratory
Medical laboratory technologists, quality managers, all disciplines.
Registration opening soon.
|October 9, 2020
|IQMH Office, Toronto
IQMH office, 393 University Avenue, Suite 1500
- Completion of the course results in a certificate of attendance, successful completion of the optional exam will result in a certificate of completion.
- No refunds/no cancellations. All course materials and lunches are included in the fee.
- A limited number of 16 seats will be available.
- To transfer your paid registration to another person, for the same course date purchased, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A one-day seminar focused on helping medical laboratory professionals develop a quality indicator program that is collaborative, has clear purpose and adds tangible value.
Setting quality indicators can become a task that is done without reflection, engagement and clear goals. This seminar will begin with an exploration of the true purpose of quality indicators and will take the participant step-by-step through a new approach to quality indicator use that is fluid and ensures each indicator is chosen with a clear intention to drive tangible improvements.
At the end of the seminar, participants will have received expert guidance and training on the following:
- The importance of intention
- The importance of staff and client participation and engagement
- Selecting indicators and clear communication of intention
- Process for quality indicator development and implementation
- Establishing goals and targets
- Creating a collection plan
- Analysis of data
- Reporting on the data
- Responding to the data
- Documentation and records
The seminar is designed and delivered by an expert trainer from IQMH, Julie Coffey, and Judy Sherman-Jones, Laboratory Manager, Lakeridge Health. Both instructors are ASQ Certified Managers of Quality and Quality Auditors with over 15 years of experience in accreditation and quality management. Delivery techniques will utilize interesting and relevant case studies, combined with engaging exercises that will draw upon those years of experience. All materials will be provided in printed form.
An optional exam can be completed electronically following attendance of the seminar.
Completion of the seminar results in a certificate of attendance, successful completion of the optional exam will result in a certificate of completion.