IQMH office, 393 University Avenue, Suite 1500
- Completion of the course results in a certificate of attendance.
- No refunds/no cancellations. All course materials and lunches are included in the fee.
- A limited number of 16 seats will be available.
- To transfer your paid registration to another person, for the same course date purchased, please contact email@example.com.
Redesigned and expanded in 2018, this one-day seminar clarifies how to create documents and how to control them. Beginning with a powerful exercise in policy creation, we will systematically illustrate how to transform that policy into intent with valuable flow charts, step-by-step procedures and form templates. Next, we will provide expert advice on how to create a documentation structure that allows those working in your service to find documents quickly. We will then show how to control those documents to create a document structure for staff that is logical and reliable. Participants will return to their workplace with valuable templates, tools, and tips to manage the vast array of documentation needed for a laboratory or diagnostic imaging service, and to meet IQMH or ISO 15189 requirements.
At the end of the course, participants will have received expert guidance and training on the following:
- Understanding the importance of document control
- Systematic approach to policy creation
- Transforming a policy into intent with process maps, procedures and related form templates
- Establishing a practical document control framework
- Knowledge of the document control processes: drafting, verification, approval, implementation and review
- Using electronic tools to control documents
The course is designed and delivered by an expert trainer from IQMH, Julie Coffey, who is an ASQ Certified Manager of Quality and Quality Auditor with over 15 years of experience in accreditation and quality management and Ayaz Makrod, staff technologist for the Centre for Accreditation. Delivery techniques will utilize interesting and relevant examples, combined with engaging exercises that will draw upon those years of experience. All materials will be provided in printed form.
A multiple-choice exam can be completed electronically following the course. Participants are required to indicate interest in the exam on registration. Certificates for individuals choosing this option will indicate successful completion of the exam. All other participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
"The group work on writing policies, processes and procedures was valuable."
"I really enjoyed the presentation – it helped to bring clarity on what is expected of us for document management and its ultimate outcome."